Profound change is shaping the modern workplace
At our 2023 ConnectLive conference, I had an opportunity to outline how iManage is leading the way in enabling the modern workplace for knowledge workers in my keynote address.
As I noted in my address, there is no doubt that the iManage Cloud is gaining momentum in our changing world of work. Today 59% of our customers are in the iManage Cloud, and we see more and more demand from customers wanting to join them. Our cloud platform is used by sophisticated, security-conscious businesses, including AM Law 100 firms, Global 100 firms, global banks, financial institutions, and major accounting and consulting organizations.
The benefits of cloud technology are significant. Our cloud platform enables us to scale and deliver new capabilities globally, with the highest levels of security and governance, allowing people to work wherever, whenever they need to.
A time of transition
Our focus on the cloud is crucial at a time when the modern workplace is undergoing profound change. In five years, work is going to look very different. Many things will drive this, including:
- New entrants to the world of work will ask new questions of technology and have different expectations of what they can achieve with it.
- The growth and development of Generative AI. We will watch developments very closely—with our eyes firmly on using AI as a tool to solve specific business challenges. We are aware of, and well-versed in issues around governance and process that AI raises.
- A much more integrated approach to digital information in terms of three key aspects: governance, security, and workflows.
At iManage, we take care of document management, security, governance, knowledge, and AI as an interconnected whole. This means your internal IT teams can put their energies into areas that are specific to your organization, helping them to adapt and change as the workplace evolves.
How the modern workplace affects our priorities
If we are truly to help our customers make a successful transition to the modern workplace, we need to focus on some key priorities—and these are the targets of our investment as we develop our offerings going forward.
- Our platform and partnership with Microsoft. We work closely with Microsoft to leverage Azure, including utilizing Microsoft 365, for platform performance, scalability, and security. Additionally, our new integration with Microsoft CSPP Plus is designed to make the connections between Office 365 and iManage seamless—both for the end user and for your IT teams.
- Workflow management. Our goal is to improve your workflows, allowing you to connect documents to business processes more easily. One way we are doing this is with our new task management app, iManage Tracker, which is fully integrated into iManage Work 10. With Tracker, users can organize tasks and content, improve visibility, and increase productivity.
- Data governance. Content volume and complexity is not going to diminish. Nor are governance and security rules. This is why we build with Zero Trust and Zero Touch cloud architecture to ensure solid security and good data governance.
- Collective knowledge. It’s crucial to support our customers’ ability to benefit from the knowledge in their document management systems. To that end, we’ve made great strides with the the power of metadata and our iManage Insight+ is a cloud solution designed to help curate and deliver information.
Delivering the workplace of the future
The bottom line is that our customers rely on knowledge to do their jobs. This makes our job to help customers access, manage, and protect that knowledge. We couldn’t be more excited about the impact we are having today in this industry and the impact we can have in the future.