Table of Contents
- Your Data & Your Permissions
- Your Responsibilities
- Acceptable Use
- Beta Services
- Our Stuff
- Discontinuation of Services
- Services “AS IS”
- Limitation of Liability
- Resolving Disputes
- Controlling Law
- Entire Agreement
- Waiver, Severability & Assignment
When you use our Services, you provide us with things like your files, content, messages, contacts, and so on (“Your Data”). Your Data is yours. These Terms do not give us any rights to Your Data except for the limited rights that enable us to offer the Services.
We need your permission to do things like storing Your Data, backing it up, and sharing it when you ask us to. Our Services also provide you with features like sharing, searching, document previews, optical character recognition (OCR), easy sorting and organization, and personalization to help reduce busywork. To provide these and other features, the Services may store and scan Your Data. You give us permission to do those things, and this permission extends to our affiliates and trusted third parties we work with.
Content in the Services may be protected by others’ intellectual property rights. Please do not copy, upload, download, or share content unless you have the right to do so.
iManage may review your conduct and content for compliance with these Terms. We are not responsible for the content people upload, download, post or share via the Services.
Safeguard your password to the Services, and keep your account information current. Do not share your account credentials or give others access to your account.
You may use our Services only as permitted by applicable law, including export control laws and regulations. Finally, to use our Services, you must be at least 18.
You agree not to misuse the Services or help anyone else to do so. For example, you must not do any of the following in connection with the Services:
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network, unless done with our consent;
- breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas or parts of the Services, or shared areas of the Services you have not been invited to;
- interfere with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of the Services;
- access, search, or create accounts for the Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping” or creating accounts in bulk);
- send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
- send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including “spoofing” or “phishing;”
- sell the Services unless specifically authorized to do so;
- publish or share materials that are unlawfully pornographic or indecent, or that contain extreme acts of violence or terrorist activity, including terror propaganda;
- advocate bigotry or hatred against any person or group of people based on their race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or impairment;
- harass or abuse iManage personnel or representatives or agents performing services on behalf of iManage;
- violate the law in any way, including storing, publishing or sharing material that is fraudulent, defamatory, or misleading;
- violate the privacy or infringe the rights of others; or
- copy, upload, download, access or share content to which you do not have the appropriate rights.
Some of our Services allow you to download client software (“Software”) which may update automatically. So long as you comply with these Terms, we give you a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable license to use the Software, solely to access the Services. Unless the following restrictions are prohibited by law, you agree not to reverse engineer or decompile the Services, attempt to do so, or assist anyone in doing so.
We do not rent or sell your personal information. We may share and disclose information, including personal information in limited circumstances as described below.
We sometimes release products and features that we are still testing and evaluating (“Beta Services”). Beta Services are labeled “alpha,” “beta,” “preview,” “early access,” or “evaluation” (or with words or phrases with similar meanings) and may not be as reliable as our other services. Beta Services are made available so that we can collect user feedback, and by using our Beta Services, you agree that we may contact you to collect such feedback.
Beta Services are confidential until official launch. If you use any Beta Services, you agree not to disclose any information about those Services to anyone else without our permission.
The Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other US and foreign laws. These Terms do not grant you any right, title, or interest in the Services, others’ content in the Services, iManage trademarks, logos and other brand features. We welcome feedback, but note that we may use comments or suggestions without any obligation to you.
We respect the intellectual property of others and ask that you do too. We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement if they comply with the law. We reserve the right to delete or disable content alleged to be infringing and terminate accounts of repeat infringers. Please send such notices to firstname.lastname@example.org. The notification should meet the following requirements and include the following information:
- have an electronic or physical signature of the copyrighted work owner (or authorized person);
- include a description of the copyrighted work, including the URL where this infringing content is available or a copy of it;
- include the contact details of the person submitting the notice: an email address, telephone and address;
- a statement in “good faith belief” that the work is not authorized by the copyright owner; and
- a statement by the person who sends the takedown notice that the information included in the notice (all the above information) is accurate and that the person sending the notice is either the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf
You are free to stop using our Services at any time. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Services with notice to you if:
- you are in breach of these Terms, or
- your use of the Services would cause a real risk of harm or loss to us or other users.
We will provide you with reasonable advance notice via the email address associated with your account to remedy the activity that prompted us to contact you and give you the opportunity to export Your Data from our Services. If after such notice you fail to take the steps we ask of you, we will terminate or suspend your access to the Services.
We will not provide notice before termination where:
- you are in material breach of these Terms,
- doing so would cause us legal liability or compromise our ability to provide the Services to our other users, or
- we are prohibited from doing so by law.
We strive to provide great Services, but there are certain things that we cannot guarantee. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IMANAGE AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE SERVICES. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” WE ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some places do not allow the disclaimers in this paragraph, so they may not apply to you.
We do not exclude or limit our liability to you where it would be illegal to do so – this includes any liability for imanage’s or its affiliates’ fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation in providing the services. In countries where the following types of exclusions are not allowed, we are responsible to you only for losses and damages that are a reasonably foreseeable result of our failure to use reasonable care and skill or our breach of our contract with you. This paragraph does not affect consumer rights that cannot be waived or limited by any contract or agreement.
In countries where exclusions or limitations of liability are allowed, iManage, its affiliates, suppliers, or distributors will not be liable for:
- Any indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary, or consequential damages, or
- Any loss of use, data, business, or profits, regardless of legal theory.
These exclusions or limitations will apply regardless of whether or not iManage or any of its affiliates has been warned of the possibility of such damages.
If you use the services for any commercial, business, or re-sale purpose, iManage, its affiliates, suppliers or distributors will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. iManage and its affiliates are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the services.
Other than for the types of liability we cannot limit by law (as described in this section), we limit our liability to you to the greater of $1,000 usd or 100% of any amount you have paid to iManage during the 12 months preceding the act or omission alleged to give rise to such liability.
We want to address your concerns without needing a formal legal case. Before filing a claim against iManage, you agree to try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting email@example.com. We will try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting you via email. If a dispute is not resolved within 15 days of submission, you or iManage may bring a formal proceeding.
Judicial Forum for Disputes. You and iManage agree that any judicial proceeding to resolve claims relating to these Terms or the Services will be brought in the federal or state courts of Cook County, Illinois, subject to the mandatory arbitration provisions below. Both you and iManage consent to venue and personal jurisdiction in such courts. If you reside in a country (for example, a member state of the European Union) with laws that give consumers the right to bring disputes in their local courts, this paragraph does not affect those requirements.
These Terms will be governed by Illinois law except for its conflicts of laws principles. However, some countries (including those in the European Union) have laws that require agreements to be governed by the local laws of the consumer’s country. This paragraph does not override those laws.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and iManage with respect to the subject matter of these Terms, and supersede and replace any other prior or contemporaneous agreements, or terms and conditions applicable to the subject matter of these Terms. These Terms create no third-party beneficiary rights. If you are accessing the Services as part of an organization that has an agreement with iManage (“Customer Agreement”), you are still required to accept these Terms in order to use the Services, however, these Terms are subordinate to the Customer Agreement and the Customer Agreement will control if there is a conflict.
iManage’s failure to enforce a provision is not a waiver of its right to do so later. If a provision is found unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full effect and an enforceable term will be substituted reflecting our intent as closely as possible. You may not assign any of your rights under these Terms, and any such attempt will be void. iManage may assign its rights to any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the Services.
We may revise these Terms from time to time to better reflect:
- changes to the law,
- new regulatory requirements, or
- improvements or enhancements made to our Services.
If an update affects your use of the Services or your legal rights as a user of our Services, we will notify you prior to the update’s effective date by sending an email to the email address associated with your account or via an in-product notification. These updated terms will be effective as of the date set forth in the notice. By continuing to use or access the Services after the updates come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms. These Terms were last updated on 12 November 2020.